Articles

Marketers ask: What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse can’t?

Recently, I was given the opportunity to present a session titled, An Executive’s Cheat Sheet on Hadoop, the Enterprise Data Warehouse and the Data Lake at the SAS Global Forum Executive Conference.

During this standing-room only session, I addressed these five questions: What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse can’t?  We’re not doing “big” data, so why do we need Hadoop? Is Hadoop enterprise-ready? Isn’t a data lake just the data warehouse revisited? What are some of the pros and cons of a data lake?

Source: blogs.sas.com
Author: Tamara Dull

1 reply »

  1. Data warehouse is OLAP based system, Hadoop is kind of platform which give scale up all the data and retrieve it in parallel way. See here 80% of work is based on OLAP and remaining 20% is OLTP, thats why we stored it all old data in OLAP backend.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s