Articles

The real big-data problem and why only machine learning can fix it

Why do so many companies still struggle to build a smooth-running pipeline from data to insights? They invest in heavily hyped machine-learning algorithms to analyze data and make business predictions.

But then, inevitably, they realize that algorithms aren’t magic: If they’re fed junk data, their insights won’t be stellar. So they employ data scientists who spend 90% of their time washing and folding in a data-cleaning laundromat, leaving just 10% of their time to do the job for which they were hired. What’s also flawed about this process is that companies only get excited about machine learning for end-of-the-line algorithms.

Source: siliconangle.com
Author: R. Danes

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s